Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PM dissapointed with Hindraf supporters at open house


Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said that he is disappointed with the Hindraf (Hindu Action Rights Force) supporters who came to the open house hosted by him and the cabinet and that the security personnel and police should have seek his clearance before letting them in. He said “I discussed it with (his deputy) Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and the other ministers. My view was that they wanted to come to the open house, which is open to all and we do not stop any group from coming to wish us and join other guests. We even welcomed non-Malaysians who came in huge numbers. In that spirit I told the security people to ask them to come in. But they came in and there was a lot of noise, I don’t know why. The rest I heard very clearly – ‘Hapuskan ISA, Lepaskan Hindraf; Hapuskan ISA, Lepaskan Hindraf’ (Repeal the ISA, Release the Hindraf detainees). That was all they wanted to say to me. They did not have the spirit of Hari Raya, to enjoy and join in the celebration. But this one has created a lot of unhappiness to many people,” He added that “I was not present, if they were some among the 70 who wished Selamat Hari Raya, I wouldn’t know. But when I was there and this happened, nobody was interested to wish Selamat Hari Raya. Some of them even skipped my ministers. Even Datuk Seri Najib, some of them skipped also,”

No comments: